Monday, May 2, 2011

Sorrow with Thoughts and Prayers




Good afternoon Stampers!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Today's post is a sympathy card for my mom's best friend and next door neighbor.  She lost her husband a week ago today.  My heart goes out to Alicia because she is a wonderful, fun loving, and caring person.  When I spoke to her the first thing she said was that she cried till she had no more tears. And now that some time has passed she knows he is in a much better place with no more suffering.  Ed will be missed!

We went on with our conversation and we got to a part that made both of us laugh.  Alicia LOVES animals...she would take them all in and give them all the love they need.  She used to have 3 dogs and 2 cats, but now she has 6 cats.  I told her that she is now going to be known as the wretched old cat lady to all the kids in the neighbor hood. Please let it be known I grew up in this neighborhood, the kids talk. 

Alicia, I love you, I am sad for you!  But I know you are a strong woman, you will be okay.  Please let me know if there is ever any thing I can do for you.  You and my mom had some great times and great laughs together.  I thank you for that...you were one of the best things my mom had.  Thank you for being a part of our family!

Project Recipe:
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, and Very Vanilla
Tools: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Shot,  Simple Flower Embosslits Die,  Sweetest Stem Embosslits Die
Accessories: Dimensionals, Smooch Spritz (on the flower), Sponging, and Basic Rhinestones

Please keep Alicia in your prayers.  Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day of stampin'
Tracey

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and Reflective Card. TFS and for visiting my blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the scallop trim border. I'm going to have to give that a try.

    Rose-Ellen
    mystampingfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete