Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Open Sea Adventure




Good Morning Stampers,

Today's post has a few significances to it.  First, this was my monthly swap and secondly, this is my DH's favorite to date.:) I have to say he is a hard one to impress but I finally did it!!!  I love this stamp set for the men in my life...hubby, son's, dad's, nephew's, brother's, uncle's and granddad's.  I had a lot of fun with this one, there are a lot of different textures to it.  As you can see there is distressing, sponging, tearing, and the mother of pearl. When I did the mother of pearl I used the Champagne Shimmer Paint applied with scrunched up saran wrap. Then I sponged it with the Early Espresso.  I hope you like it as much as my hubby does!

Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: The Open Sea and On The Grow
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Champagne Shimmer Paint.
Paper: Nautical Expedition DSP, Night of Navy (But was supposed to be Not Quite Navy), Cherry Cobbler Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla.
Tools: Spiral Border Punch, 1 1/16" Handheld Punch, Distressing Tool, Sponge, Saran Wrap, Paper Plate
Accessories: Baker's Twine Cherry Cobbler/White, Vintage Trinkets (Brad),

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hope you have a great day of stampin'
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment