Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday In the Yukon


Hello Stampers!

Wow two posts in one day...that never happens. I've been wanting to post this card for a while now.  This was for my DH's (Dedicated Husband) birthday back in January. Not only is it from January, but the stamp set is really old too. I decided to dig deep into my Stampin' Up Collection to see what I could put together with the Yukon Stamp Set...I couldn't even tell you when it came out.  I wish Stampin' Up would come out with more Animals (like this stamp set) and Southwestern stamps.  Being from New Mexico these types of stamp sets are an necessity!!!  I have to say that this card was inspired by my mother-in-law.  She had made a card using sticks surrounding the stamped image.  Instead of sticks, I made the stamped image as if it were on canvas being hung on a rope on a wall.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

Project Recipe:
Stamps Sets: Yukon and It's Your Birthday
Ink: Night of Navy, Early Espresso, and Bashful Blue
Paper: Early Espresso, Night Of Navy, Very Vanilla and Water Color Paper
Tools: Brayer, Blender Pen and Tombo
Accessories: Hemp Twine and Wire Works...copper color

Thanks for stopping by again!
Tracey

4 comments:

  1. I think it is great. I may have to figure out how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jeanette! I think the toughest part of this whole thing was the Brayering...I think Brayering is one of the hardest things to master. It takes a lot of practice. But it's doable...I actually did it! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool - it looks like a cool wall-hanging! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! That's exactly what I was trying to achieve!

    ReplyDelete