Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Noble Deer in the Night




The original photo

The Card

Close up of the trees


Close up of the deer

Good morning stampers of the Internet world,

Today's creation was inspired by a photo that my DH (Dedicated Husband) took a few years ago on our family ranch in Northern New Mexico.  I have always loved this photo,  I've loved it so much that I had it enlarged and framed then gave it to my DH for a present.  So, I was trying to figure out how I could recreate it using stamps.  Well, Stampin' Up has the perfect stamp set called Lovely As A Tree.  It gives the illusion of the trees that I was looking for.  I also wanted to enhance it by adding an Elk to the picture because our ranch is known for its Elk. But unfortunately, I could only find a deer stamp, Noble Deer (retired).  After I created this card I gave it to my Nephew for his 16th Birthday.  He loved it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I had making it!

Project Recipe:

Stamp Set: Lovely As A Tree and Noble Deer

Ink: Early Espresso,Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard (retired), and Real Rust (retired)
Paper: Very Vanilla

Tools:  Brayer, 1 3/4 Circle, Card Stock to shape the mountains.

Thanks for Stopping by!!

Hope you have a great day of Stamin'!!
Tracey

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous sunset photo and you captured it beautifully in your card! Love it!

    Laura
    www.lovesrubberstamps.com

    ReplyDelete